The post-surgery days have been great! Kylie acts like she doesn't hurt at all. The only time she has given me any indication she was in pain was yesterday when I took off the tape and gauze over the steri-strips. Here's a picture of her "battle wounds"...
We have a follow-up appointment on February 10 with Dr. Kling. The incisions are a little bigger than I expected. My c-section incision and most of the skin around it are completely numb, which I think is permanent. So I'm a little worried that the area around Kylie's incisions will be numb permanently.
Kylie has been doing really well with going to sleep on her own. Most of the time I'm able to lay her down wide awake, and she falls asleep within a few minutes. Sometimes she even prefers I lay her down wide awake instead of rocking her.
We've now given Kylie peas, green beans, squash, bananas, and sweet potatoes. She HATES bananas. How weird is that?! I thought all babies liked bananas! I've tried giving them to her at probably 5 different meals, and she just refuses to eat them. She'll take a bite or two, make a face like I've just given her a lemon, and refuse to continue eating until I put something else on the spoon. And then she goes back to chowing down!
The night after surgery and the next night, Kylie was up a LOT. But other than that, she's been sleeping through the night every night for a couple of weeks now. It's so nice!
We bought Kylie a sippy cup the other day. I've been giving her a little water after each meal to wash down the food. I imagine she probably gets a little thirsty after eating solids. I'm not sure she quite gets the concept of the sippy cup. When she sucks on it and gets water out, she gets really excited. And she can hold the handles and put the spout in her mouth. But she obviously doesn't know how to tip the cup up, and she mostly just plays with the spout in her mouth and blows on it.
Totally random but while we were at the hospital for the surgery, two people mispronounced her middle name. It's Maddox (pronounced MAD-ux). One nurse pronounced it Mad-OX, and the other nurse pronounced it MAD-oh. I just thought it was really funny because I thought Maddox was a pretty common name.

Glad she is doing so well after her surgery and in general!! Keep trying different foods. They say it can take 10-15 times of trying stuff before they actually like them. Unless you have a child like Addison and she pretty much didn't eat baby good ever. haha
ReplyDelete