Saturday, January 15, 2011

Firsts

Chris and I decided to proceed with solids and give Kylie green beans. I'd planned to wait until after surgery but I changed my mind. She was just becoming less interested in the rice cereal. So we made a trip to the grocery store, bought a bunch of vegetables and fruits and gave her green beans and cereal for dinner last night. She LOVED it! She made a funny face when she took the first bite but she just couldn't get enough after that. And when she finished the green beans (between 1/4 and 1/2 of the jar), I fed her cereal, and she ate more cereal than she ever has before.



We really need to get a highchair. She can't quite sit up on her own yet (almost, though!) but I think she'd be able to handle a highchair. Today for lunch, she ate the rest of the jar of green beans (between 1/2 and 3/4 of the jar) and 2 formula scoops of rice cereal! THE most she has ever eaten of rice cereal thus far. I was quite shocked at how much she ate.

Another first she experienced was going to the beach today. The weather has been SO nice so we decided to take a trip to the Oceanside Harbor. We only live about 5 miles from the beach but we just don't go enough. California beaches ain't got nothin' on the Gulf Coast! Anyway, the high was 77 today (but it actually only got to about 70 at the beach), and there wasn't a cloud in the sky so we headed over to the Harbor about 2:00 pm this afternoon. We only stayed about 20 minutes but it was really nice breathing in some fresh salt air, and Kylie really enjoyed putting her feet in the sand!




No comments:

Post a Comment