Wednesday, January 19, 2011

So many changes

It seems like Kylie learns to do something new every week!

The past couple of days, she has learned how to push up on her hands while she's on her tummy. She'll be crawling before I know it!

She's so close to sitting up unassisted for long periods of time all the time. Now, 1/2 the time she sits up completely unassisted (and with free hands) for several minutes before toppling over and the other 1/2 the time she sits unassisted (and with free hands) for just a little bit (maybe 30 seconds to a minute) or with her hands on the ground.

Here's one of her shorter sessions of sitting up but I'm still proud! Notice the noise she makes...she sounds possessed!


Note: Kylie DOES wear clothes, haha. She had just finished eating dinner, and I'd taken off her clothes to put her in the bath.

She's saying more consonant sounds when she's babbling. She's not yet saying them over and over like "ma-ma-ma-ma-ma" but she's definitely not just making vowel sounds anymore.

I now have almost a full trash bag of clothes that don't fit her anymore. It's so crazy how little some of the clothes are. I can't believe she ever fit into them! She sure has grown a lot in such a little amount of time. Almost 11 pounds! I went through the bag of clothes that were too big for her when we left for Georgia at the beginning of December and pulled out a bunch of clothes she can now fit into. I don't know how in the world she's going to wear all these clothes before they're too small! We definitely won't be needing to buy her any new clothes for a few months. We really lucked out with having four baby showers. I just hope none of these clothes go to waste but if she doesn't get to wear them, maybe our 2nd child will be a girl ;)

It's so cute to see her understand how a toy works. Each day she gets more interested in her toys. She recently started shaking her rattles over and over. And she gets so excited when she presses a button on a toy and it plays music, talks, or lights up. She loves playing peek-a-boo, she loves when I scare her, and she loves getting tickled.

I have noticed that she has become a MUCH easier baby and is just so happy almost all the time. She's always smiling and giggling, and I definitely love this stage more than the first few months :)

Just a random thought...have you ever heard a woman say she didn't want to wait too long to have a 2nd child after having her 1st because "it would be like starting all over again." Wouldn't it be starting all over again even if your babies were 9 months apart? It's not like her 2nd baby would come out the same age as the 1st one, and her 9 month old would act like a 9 month old and not a newborn. It just kind of aggravates me when people criticize you no matter what. You either waited too long to have a 2nd child or you had them too close together. Right now, Chris and I are planning to wait at least another 4 or 5 years to have another baby. And people constantly tell me that I need to have them closer together so they'll be "close" and so they'll be "friends." My sister and I are 7 years and 10 months apart, and we're close, and we're friends. So please just let us make our own decisions!

3 comments:

  1. People are going to tell you their opinions, right or wrong, about children. It's annoying! But I do understand what they mean, the farther you get from the baby stage, you just forget stuff. Addison and Weston are 2 years and 4 months apart. I couldn't believe how much I forgot! But it wasn't too hard because Addison was still in diapers, still needed so much. She is already so much more independent and diaper free since she was born. Personally, I wanted to get it over with and my sister and I were 5 1/2 years apart and we weren't/aren't close at all! And Nathan and his half brother and sister are 7 and 9 years apart so they weren't even close until a few years ago. So every situation is different and you and Chris just have to do what is best for you! I think the idea is that if you wait a while...it will be more like going through it the first time all over again as appose to still being more in that stage so the transition isn't as hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just do your own thing!! There's never a one size fits all when it comes to having a family. Some like to have 19 kids for goodness sake!!!!
    you're doing a great job and she's adorable! Enjoy it in the moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not that you wanted an opinion BUT I agree. I want to have at least 4 years between when I have kids. That way if they go to college, they won't be there at the same time! :)

    ReplyDelete