Friday, January 21, 2011

6 months old

Kylie turned 6 months old today! And she had her 6-month check-up this afternoon. She weighs 16 pounds and is 26 1/4 inches long. The doctor said she has good measurements for a full-term baby so that's great! She caught up pretty quickly. She had to get 1 shot and 1 oral vaccination. She recovered pretty quickly from crying after the shot. I talked to the pediatrician about the syndactyly, and she recommended we just leave it alone so we have decided not to pursue surgery.

Since my last post, Kylie has advanced so much with sitting up. Yesterday at the beach, she sat up for an hour before toppling over. Last night and today, she has barely toppled over at all. And, she almost always sits up straight and with her hands off the ground (playing with a toy, just moving her arms around, putting toys in her mouth, etc.). I can't believe how much she moved forward in just a single day!

The past 2 nights and today for a nap, I put her in her crib without rocking her to sleep first, and she fell asleep without a peep! That's huge for her. I've tried laying her down awake a few times before, and she cried after a minute or two. I tried the Ferber method but it didn't work for her, and I completely disagree with the Crying It Out method. Hopefully we'll continue tonight. She's also been sleeping through the night the past several nights. She goes to bed between 8:00-8:30 pm and doesn't wake up until around 7:00 am. Some mornings she wakes up a little earlier, and some mornings she wakes up a little later but it's so nice to get a full night of rest! I've been waiting a LONG time for this. I hope she continues.




No comments:

Post a Comment